ForCity wins major international energy transition award
ForCity’s District Heating solution comes to Germany
ForCity District Heating and Cooling, a 4-dimension city simulation software designed to address district heating and cooling challenges. Management, strategy, sales, elected officials and even end customers can run simulations through an intuitive and visual interface. Thanks to our powerful platform, all key stakeholders can now easily create, test, compare and share as many scenarios as needed, greatly simplifying decision making and reducing uncertainty.
Accurately forecasting demand despite changes
The city is constantly developing: above ground, underground and most of all, unevenly. Even smaller scale changes such as renovations or the purchase of more energy efficient domestic appliances can throw off demand forecasts. Bigger, broader phenomenons or policies such as global warming and energy transition requirements can further throw off projections. In order to keep up with a decreasing energy consumption, networks must constantly grow, increase their density or find interconnections.
- Forecasts energy demands across the entire city, including its catchment area
- Adjusts to new loads by integrating urban projects
- Simulates the energy consumption over the entire span of a contract
- Pinpoints expansion and grid connection potentials
Better informed investment strategies
Network expansion and densification scenarios can be optimized according to numerous goals, such as resilience, coincidence factor, energy transition or even poverty reduction. District heating systems need costly investments yet provide fundamental structure to the city: investment must be optimized according to urban development constraints and must strive to minimize disturbances.
In addition, annual expansion plans must take into account new infrastructure, planned construction sites, recorded installations. This requires collaborating with the city or metropolitan authorities in such a way that all stakeholders can access and communicate any changes effectively.
ForCity District Heating and Cooling:
- Models connectable substations
- Simulates development plans and communicates the most relevant scenarios
- Generates optimized network geometry, taking into account all sets of constraints
- Reduces negative externalities
Insight and support throughout the sales cycle
- Checks the economic viability of any connection in a few clicks
- Supports communication with other departments and customers
- Simulates building connection costs in real time
- Shows the advantages of connecting houses to district heating
- Digitizes and shares district heating data
- Visualizes impacts of urban development projects on district heating networks
- Makes investments visible by displaying evolution of energy transition KPIs
- Provides your contribution to the city’s energy master plan